This position requires that you must be able to work at least eight hours a day with the potential that extra hours may be worked as the job requires. A typical work week runs from Monday through Friday for total of 40 hours per week. Saturdays, Sundays and nights may be required of a candidate per job specific occasions. Also, it may be a possibility for a candidate to work out of state for a period of time.
Demands of this position require that you must be in good physical shape. A candidate must be able to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or clime for extensive amount of time. Lifting, pushing and pulling of objects over 50 pounds is a common and daily requirement.
An elevation of 8’ is standard working height, but in some cases working on higher elevations may be a requirement. Conversely working in crawlspaces, trenches and tight spaces is another common work environment.
- A team player with the willingness and the ability to learn.
- Career oriented
- Mandatory to be on time and at work every day.
- A hard worker with a good and positive attitude.
- Neat and polite in their presentation.
- Able to take and give directions
- Able to communicate technical information.
- Desire to take on responsibility and lead
- Must have basic knowledge of the electrical code and the ability of how to research and retrieve information from the code book
- Must have at least an OSHA 10 certificate
- Must be able to read, understand and follow blueprints and schematic drawings
- Work must be completed in a neat, safe & workmanlike manner — never take short cuts to install a substandard installation
- Fundamental skills in pipe bending, circuit wiring, feeders, services, fire alarm, pulling wire, underground, wiring of electrical equipment etc. is a necessity
- The ability to project out material and labor requirements for the week is expected